2020 military & veterans discount
In honor of Veterans Day (November 11), between November 1 and 11, 2020, Target is offering all U.S. active-duty military personnel, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off the guest’s full basket, some exclusions apply.
- To receive the offer, guests must first demonstrate eligibility by registering at www.target.com/circle/military. Guests do not need to wait until Nov. 1 to verify eligibility.
- After eligibility has been verified, an exclusive, one-time use 10% Target Circle offer will be available for the guest to use in-store or online Nov. 1-11, 2020.
In addition to this offer, guests can:
- Add veteran/dependent status as part of their permanent guest profile all year long
- Be eligible for future offers for verified military guests
- Vote to direct Target’s community giving funds to 29 local military organizations and Marine Toys for Tots through the end of 2020
This offer, now in its fourth year, is one example of Target’s longstanding commitment to demonstrating our gratitude to members of the military, veterans and their families.
As a member of the Veteran Jobs Mission, Target has joined other top companies in a pledge to hire more U.S. military veterans. Together, we’ve already hired nearly 300,000 veterans, inspiring the coalition to raise its goal to hire 1 million U.S. military veterans by 2020. Our team member benefits for activated reservists include pay differential and optional medical coverage for dependents. Through our Human Resources team, we provide proactive Leave of Absence (LOA) guidance and support to ensure smooth employment status transitions for military team members pursuing a LOA.
learn more about careers at Target
service & volunteerism
Target and its team members support community programs and partnerships that benefit service members, veterans and their friends and families before, during and after service. These programs include:
military business council
We value the perspectives and ideas that team members from all backgrounds and experience levels bring to Target. Our Military Business Council, made up of team members at our Minneapolis headquarters, supports our inclusive culture by providing resources and support to team members with a connection to our nation's military and helps us identify opportunities to better serve job candidates, team members and guests with military connections.
awards and recognition
We’re proud to be recognized by partner organizations for our military and veteran support. Here are just a few of the honors we’ve received.
- Orion International Top 20 Military Friendly Companies (2011)
- Navy Reserve Top Employer (2011)
- U.S. Navy Certificate of Appreciation (2010)
- Minnesota Chapter of the Employer Support of Guard and Reserve Pro Patria Award (2010)