When I saw my first project with Target complete, I thought, “We built this!” We were extremely proud to be associated with such a prominent brand. I wanted to do more and become part of the team.
Women Team Members & Guests
We celebrate and honor the contributions of women at Target. Those contributions are at the very root of our success, and our female leaders, team members, partners and suppliers drive the ideas and experiences — from the products on our shelves to the work behind the scenes — that make the Bullseye go ’round.
Women's History Month
March is Women’s History Month, and each year we make it easy for our guests to identify and support women-owned brands across Target.com through a new badge that designates products as “women owned” by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), which Target has been a member of since 2003. The digital badge indicates that the product has been certified by the WBENC as at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a woman or women.
Women's Business Council
One of eight Diversity and Inclusion Business Councils at Target, the Women’s Business Council (WBC) supports team members as they develop their careers. WBC members often share insights that help our business and plan events and activities throughout the year to get the team involved in the community.
Good to know
Target strives for equity for its women team members and celebrates their achievements and contributions to Target’s success:
- 58% of Target team members are women and 50% of Target’s leadership team is women.
- Half of Target’s stores are run by women.
- We pay all team members equitably, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity.
- One third of our Board of Directors are women.
- In 2019-2021 we:
- Increased female representation in Target India by 24%.
- Steadily increased promotions of women to senior leadership positions by 16%.
Awards and recognitions
- Target is a Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index Member Company
- Seramount named Target as part of its 2023 Top Companies for Executive Women list
- AnitaB.org named Target as a 2022 Top Companies for Women Technologists Leader
- Seramount named Target as a 2023 Best Companies for Multicultural Women Winner