Target is ready to deliver an easy and joyful shopping experience this holiday season, with investments in our stores, same-day services, supply chain and most importantly, team members. This means guests can quickly cross everything off their shopping lists, grab amazing deals and discover only-at-Target gifts and brands while saving time for the best part of the holidays — celebrating with friends and family.
An easy, oh-so-enjoyable Target run
However guests get their Target run done, they will find a convenient shopping experience that flexes to their needs and delivers on their expectations.
- Target has nearly 2,000 stores across the country, including 21 new stores that opened their doors in 2023 alone, and 160 remodeled locations that bring the retailer’s newest, inspiring offer to more guests.
- Guests will be able to shop extended hours this holiday season. Starting Dec. 3, stores will be open 7 a.m. - midnight. On Christmas Eve, they’ll be open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Team members are focused on filling store shelves every hour so that guests can shop Target's affordable, relevant and on-trend assortment and get every item on their list.
- Target has opened more checkout lanes so guests have the option to quickly check out with the help of a team member — all to add ease and speed to the tens of millions of anticipated transactions throughout the holiday season.
Guests can also take advantage of Target’s fast and free Drive Up and Order Pickup services at their local store, with most purchases ready within a couple of hours and no membership required. Target continues to enhance our industry-leading same-day services, including:
- An easier, more enjoyable Target Drive Up experience with 27,000 additional Drive Up stalls coast to coast — installed in time for the holiday season — as well as the ability to make a return and place a Starbucks order.
- For added convenience, guests placing an order for store pickup can designate substitutions.
At any time of day, guests can also shop nearly the entire store on Target.com or the Target app. To prepare packages this holiday season, team members are staffing more than 4,300 pack stations in the back rooms of Target stores — center stage of Target’s stores-as-hubs strategy, and where 95% of our total sales are fulfilled. The other perks of online shopping with Target this season:
- Through Target’s same-day delivery with Shipt, guests can place orders from the comfort of their home and get doorstep delivery in as soon as an hour — even on Christmas Eve — for purchases of $35 or more. Deliveries are free for Shipt members, or $9.99 per order for guests without a Shipt membership.
- Guests can also take advantage of free shipping on hundreds of thousands of items when using a Target RedCard or when spending $35 or more.
Supply chain spotlight
Behind the scenes, Target’s global supply chain and logistics team is in top shape to deliver our inspiring and affordable assortment to our guests for the holidays, thanks to careful planning and sizeable investments across the network.
- We’ve enhanced inventory management operations this year with new technology, including machine learning and artificial intelligence to better forecast anticipated store replenishment needs and to improve visibility to inventory flowing through our supply chain. For example, Target is using AI tools to help us forecast guest demand for specific products in our stores and online, ensuring we can get the right inventory to the right places at the right time.
- Target is working closely with our merchant, vendor and transportation partners to stay well stocked on all the in-demand holiday essentials, with an estimated 150,000 trailers of product slated to ship to stores this holiday season.
- With a healthy inventory position, our supply chain network is positioned to quickly replenish stores and deliver to guests.
This year, Target is delivering holiday packages the next day to even more guests thanks to investments across our sortation center network — currently with 10 facilities open across the country — and Target Last Mile Delivery capabilities. It demonstrates not only the success of our hyper-local and regional supply chain strategy but also our ability to deliver everything guests need quickly and easily. This holiday season, Target expects to:
- Deliver more than 9 million packages from sortation centers to guests — with many arriving the next day. Currently, up to 40% of Target Last Mile Delivery orders are delivered by the next day, and we expect this share to grow as we expand our sortation center network.
- Quadruple our daily package volumes to approximately 30,000 packages per day at each sortation center — processing about 1,500 packages per hour.
All of this is possible because of Team Target. To deliver the best service in the industry this holiday season, Target provides existing team members with the opportunity to work more hours, if desired, and offers flexible work options through our On Demand team of nearly 45,000 team members. And to provide existing team members with all the support they need this busy holiday season, Target hires seasonal team members across our stores and supply chain. By offering a market-leading pay and benefits package, a dynamic culture and flexible scheduling opportunities, Target is staffed up and ready for the season.
Quote from Gretchen McCarthy, executive vice president and chief supply chain and logistics officer, Target
“Our supply chain team has planned and prepped all year to ensure guest orders arrive on time and accurately this holiday season. Each package we process is an opportunity to deliver cheer to the doorsteps of our guests — and it’s a responsibility we approach with great care. I’m so thankful for all the work our teams continue to do to ensure an extraordinary guest experience during the holidays and beyond.”
Quote from Mark Schindele, executive vice president and chief stores officer, Target
“Our team is ready to make the holidays bright for millions of guests with easy and convenient shopping options that have the perfect gift ready in store, at curbside or at your front door. A huge thank you to every team member for bringing the best of Target to our guests at this magical time of year.”