Target is committed to meeting the needs of all families. Throughout the baby formula shortage in 2022, we’ve worked urgently to identify new ways to supplement the limited domestic supply and ensure families have access to this critical product. As part of these efforts, our leaders, including CEO Brian Cornell, have partnered with the president to identify and expedite supply from overseas vendors via Operation Fly Formula.
Throughout June 2022, Target stores across the country will start to receive shipments of Kendamil formula, made by U.K. producer Kendal Nutricare. While this supply will alleviate some of the need, purchase limits will remain in place to ensure as many guests as possible have access to supply. We’ll continue to work with all vendors to increase inventory in the coming months.
Product availability & timing
- Kendamil formula will start to arrive in the U.S. throughout June 2022, and will be distributed to Target stores across the country as quickly as possible.
- Subsequent shipments to the U.S. will continue to be rapidly distributed to stores.
- The initial shipment of Kendamil includes their classic and organic formulas to help families substitute according to their needs and preferences. Learn more about the brand and products here.
- Target is also working to offer additional international baby formula brands to guests.
- Visit the FDA’s page to learn more about the FDA’s action plan to increase infant formula supplies in the U.S. & the foreign companies receiving enforcement discretion for infant formula.