A lot goes into building a new Target store. From location and product considerations to interior and exterior design, we listen to our guests and communities every step of the way to create a one-of-a-kind shopping experience. And the 32 new locations we’ve opened in 2021 are proof of just that, each showcasing the very latest in ease and safety — two areas our guests tell us are most important to them — as well as local touches that reflect the new neighborhoods we call home.
So what’s inside our newest stores? Grab your favorite Starbucks drink and let’s take a look around.
Location, location, location
What makes your new Target, well, Target, starts before you even step inside our doors. It’s all about location, and because convenience is a top priority for our guests, we’ve chosen locales that put us closer to where they live and shop. In some cases, that means using a small-format store design, so we can flex into spaces where traditional stores might not fit, including denser areas like urban neighborhoods and college campuses. In fact, 28 of our 32 new stores are small formats, tailor-fit to serve guests from the Upper West Side of Manhattan to the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Putting *even more* ease into your Target Run
Our same-day services are more popular than ever, and we continue to invest in these experiences to better serve our guests. That means continuing to expand the number of Drive Up spots featured at many of our new stores to make shopping even easier and more convenient for our guests. And step inside your new store, and you’ll see more space built into the front of the building dedicated to Order Pickup too, helping us serve more guests faster. The goal? Making sure that no matter how you choose to shop, you can get what you need and be on your way fast.
Left, we’ve expanded the number of Drive Up spots available at stores that offer the service so our guests can drive up and be on their way faster than ever. At right, 28 of our 32 new stores are small formats, including our new Madison State Street store near the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Take a look around your new store, and you’ll likely see something familiar. That’s because we’ve built localized elements into all of our stores, from the design, like a unique mural painted on the inside of our Lihue Kauai store, to the assortment, like the local sports team merch you’ll find at our store on the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus. It’s all about meeting our guests where they’re at, with an easy and inspiring shopping experience that makes them feel right at home.
Enhancing features that help you shop safely
Guest and team member safety is our top priority, and you’ll see it in action from the aisles to the checkout lanes at your new store. We’ve built in the very latest in health and safety features, including additional space to accommodate social distancing and plexiglass shields at our checkout lanes. From contactless fixtures to helpful signage, we’ve thought of every detail so that you can get your Target Run done easily and safely.
At left, a mural inside our new Lihue, Kauai, store in Hawaii. At right, plexiglass shields are just one example of the health and safety features you’ll see throughout our new stores.
The heartbeat of it all? Our team.
A visit to your new Target store wouldn’t be complete without a friendly “hello!” from your local team members. They’re the magic that brings the Tarzhay experience to life, and they’re here to make sure you feel welcomed into our new home. Plus, our newest team members get the same enhanced training as all of our team members do, so they can give you expert help where you need it, from completing your order using our same-day services to finding the perfect item in tech, beauty, grocery and more.
On your way? We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Until then, check out all of our new locations below and read up on all the ways we’re making it easier than ever to shop this season.
See the full list of new stores
- Santa Monica Broadway and 5th Street, 420 Broadway, Santa Monica, CA
- Hollywood Galaxy, 7021 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA
- Brooklyn Bay Parkway, 8973-95 Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, NY
- Portland Hollywood, 4030 NE Halsey Street, Portland, OR
- Salt Lake City Sugar House, 2236 S 1300 East, Salt Lake City, UT
- Queens Jamaica Avenue, 160-08 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, NY
- Lawrence Five Towns, 345 Rockaway Turnpike, Lawrence, NY
- Wilmington Prices Corner, 3240 Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, DE
- Jackson Heights, 40-25 82nd Street, Elmhurst, NY
- Brooklyn Kings Highway, 5200 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY
- Athens Broad Street, 127 E Broad Street, Athens, GA
- Sacramento Midtown, 1707 J Street, Sacramento, CA
- Denver University Hills Plaza, 2490 S Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO
- Chicago River North, 630 N LaSalle Drive, Chicago, IL
- Raleigh Six Forks Road, 8701 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC
- Manhattan Washington Heights, 601 W 181st Street, New York, NY
- Encino Ventura Boulevard, 17401 Ventura Boulevard, Encino, CA
- LA Bonnie Brae, 330 N Westlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
- Upper West Side 98th and Columbus, 795 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY
- Ann Arbor State Street, 231 S State Street, Ann Arbor, MI
- Glendale North Shore, 5701 N Lydell Avenue, Glendale, WI
- Somers Point, 250 New Road, Somers Point, NJ
- North Quincy T Station, 289 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA
- Upper East Side 86th and Lex, 150 E 86th Street, New York, NY
- Wynnewood, 250 E Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA
- Lihue Kauai, 4303 Nawiliwili Road, Lihue, HI
- Denver Lowry, 93 N Quebec Street, Denver, CO
- Madison State Street, 610 State Street, Madison, WI
- Moscow West Pullman Road, 2132 W Pullman Road, Moscow, ID
- West Lebanon, 200 S Main Street, West Lebanon, NH
- Fort Collins, Old Town, 460 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO
- Orlando Flamingo Crossings, 204 Ruby Red Place, Winter Garden, FL
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!