Target and Facebook have paired up again, this time for an engaging new choose-your-own-offer savings experience called Cartwheel. It’s a first-of-its-kind program that gives guests a new way to save on hundreds of items throughout Target stores.
Cartwheel quietly launched on May 8 and will officially launch shortly thereafter, starting with a select group of REDcard holders. Target is launching Cartwheel in “beta,” which means it is still a work in progress. This multichannel program will be continuously refined and improved with the help of guest feedback.
So how does Cartwheel work? Cartwheel lets guests choose their own offers and also lets Facebook friends share offers with each other.
A few more things you should know:
• You can access Cartwheel at cartwheel.target.com on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
• You get 10 spots automatically just for logging in for the first time. From there, you can earn Cartwheel
achievement badges through activity—choosing, redeeming and sharing offers—that will open up more offer spots.
• Offers are redeemed in-store through a single barcode in the Cartwheel app and may be used multiple times. You can also print the barcode from your computer.
• Present the barcode to the cashier at checkout (either a printout or on your mobile device) just as you would any other coupon. The cashier will scan the barcode and you will save on all the Cartwheel offers in your cart.
• Savings will vary, with most discounts between 5 and 25 percent.
“We know our guests love a great value, and Cartwheel offers another fun and easy way to save money at Target,” says Casey Carl, Target's president of multichannel. “Cartwheel bridges the in-store experience with social technology to help our guests discover and share personalized deals and inspiration with their friends.”
Learn more about all the ways we're tailoring our shopping experience to better serve our guests.