MINNEAPOLIS - November 1, 2018
- Black Friday ad with lowest prices of the year now available to view; savings start today with Black Friday preview sale
- New mobile technology allows guests nationwide to “skip the line” and checkout with a Target team member from anywhere in the store, bringing greater ease to the busy holiday season
- Target stores to open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving until 1 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23. Doors open again at 7 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23
- Savings continue all season long with the return of popular Weekend Deals and special Cartwheel daily deals for kids
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today is celebrating the kickoff to the holiday shopping season with the reveal of its highly anticipated Black Friday ad, with select deals available today only. Additionally, team members at Target stores across the country can now use their handheld devices to offer guests speedy, convenient checkout service from anywhere in the store. Guests also can save all season long with the return of Target’s popular Weekend Deals beginning Saturday, Nov. 10 through Saturday, Dec. 15, and on hundreds of deals everyday with Cartwheel, including daily deals on popular toys and brands kids love through November.
“We know many of our guests look forward to our Black Friday deals every year, and today, they can start shopping and save big on some of the hottest items of the season,” says Mark Tritton, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, Target. “Combined with the unmatched easy ways to shop with us – including new mobile technology that allows guests to skip the line for an even more convenient checkout – we’re confident guests will save time and money, and experience the joy of the season by choosing Target.”
New Mobile Technology Offers Faster, “Skip-the-Line” Checkout
New mobile checkout is now available at all Target stores nationwide, offering guests an even more convenient experience when shopping at Target, especially during the busy holiday season. Using specially-equipped handheld devices, team members simply scan any item in a guest’s basket or shopping cart and accept payment by credit card on the spot from anywhere in the store. During peak events like Black Friday, team members will be located in the busiest areas of the store, such as Electronics. This checkout technology is the latest feature built by Target’s technology team to make shopping easier for guests. Last year, Target introduced technology that allows team members to place Target.com orders for guests directly from the sales floor and have the purchases shipped to their doorstep.
Select Black Friday Deals Available Today
Beginning today, guests will find the lowest prices of the season on select items in Target’s Black Friday ad, which can be viewed at Target.com/Black Friday. For guests who want to get a jump-start on holiday shopping, Target is offering select Black Friday deals across toys, electronics, home and more, in stores and on Target.com today only. Deals are available in all stores until they close today, Nov. 1, and on Target.com until 11:59 p.m. PST.
Additionally, Target’s Black Friday ad was revealed today. Hot deals include:
- Electronics, Entertainment, Toys and Baby
- More than 15 TVs under $300 and the lowest price ever on an Element 55” Smart UHD TV, $199.99, giving guests $180 in savings (Reg. $379.99).
- Lowest price of the season on top-selling video games such as Madden 19, Destiny 2, NBA 2K19 and FIFA 19, $29.99 (Reg. $59.99).
- Lowest price of the season on Xbox One S 1TB console with wireless controller and digital downloadable game, $199.99, plus $20 Target GiftCard, giving guests $120 in savings (Reg. $299.99).
- 50 percent off select games and puzzles.
- Guest-favorite, giant 3-foot plush bear or dog, in stores only, $10.
- VTech digital video baby monitor, $69.99, giving guests $70 in savings (Reg. $139.99).
- Home, Apparel and Beauty
- Popular items including the lowest price ever on the Instant Pot 7-in-1 Duo 6-qt. pressure cooker, $69.95, plus guests receive a $10 Target GiftCard (Reg. $99.95) and Target-exclusive, Keurig K-Mini single-serve coffee maker, $49.99, nearly 40 percent off (Reg. $79.99).
- Great deals for the entire family, like tees starting at $3, sleepwear at $5 and sweaters at $10.
- Grab-and-go gifts, including women’s gloves for $1 and cozy socks for $5.
- Buy-one-get-one 50 percent off on hundreds of beauty, cosmetic and personal care gift sets.
Thanksgiving and Black Friday Savings
There are many ways for guests to take advantage of Target’s Black Friday deals. For those who prefer to shop online, the Black Friday deals go live early in the morning of Thanksgiving on Target.com. For the millions of guests who love to make shopping part of their holiday tradition, stores will be open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving until 1 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23, and open again on Friday morning at 7 a.m. For guests who want to score Black Friday deals but prefer to pick them up later, Order Pickup will be available for select items on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and for the first time, Drive Up, a free, same-day service enabling guests to order in the Target app and have their items brought to their car, will be available on Black Friday.
Guests who shop Black Friday deals at Target will get an added bonus: When they spend $50 in store or online or scan the wallet feature in the Target app in stores on Friday, Nov. 23, guests will receive a coupon for 20 percent off a future holiday shopping trip, redeemable from Nov. 27 through Dec. 8.
Also, to help guests prepare for their Black Friday shopping, once again this year, Target will offer localized store maps in the Target app. These maps clearly identify where specific Black Friday deals are located within each Target store, allowing guests to effectively plan their shopping trip. Guests can access a map for their local Target store beginning Sunday, Nov. 18.
REDcard Early Access Sale
For REDcard holders, Target will offer a special perk by making more than 100 Black Friday deals available on Target.com and in the Target app early on Wednesday, Nov. 21. As always, REDcard holders receive an additional five percent off all purchases. Order Pickup and Drive Up are available for select REDcard Early Access Sale items.
More Ways to Save All Season Long
But the savings don’t stop there. Target is bringing back its popular Weekend Deals, when twice as many guests shop compared to the average weekday. Target introduced Weekend Deals last year, offering guests meaningful discounts on the items they shop for most during the season, like holiday gifts and home items to decorate and prep for gatherings with family and friends. The special deals are available in stores and online beginning Saturday, Nov. 10. Details about each week’s upcoming Weekend Deals will be revealed on Wednesdays throughout the season on A Bullseye View.
Target also offers hundreds of deals everyday with Cartwheel, including daily deals on popular products and brands for kids from Nov. 1 through Nov. 21. Today, more than 30 million guests use Cartwheel, and since its inception in 2013, guests have saved more than $1.3 million.
About Target Corporation
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at more than 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, which today equals millions of dollars a week. For the latest store count or for more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.