During a trade-in event Target will accept and recycle all types of car seats, including infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats and car seats that are expired or damaged. Materials from the old car seats will be recycled by Target’s partner, Waste Management.
when & where
- When: Sunday, September 13, 2020 through Saturday, September 26, 2020
- Where: Car seats can only be traded in at a Target store.
- Target will have drop-off boxes to accept guests’ car seats for recycling located near Guest Services.
- All stores, including select small-format stores, are participating in the program.
- Find a participating store
- Guests who trade in their old car seats will receive a 20% off coupon toward a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or select baby home gear. Select baby home gear includes playards, high chairs, swings, rockers and bouncers.
- Coupons can be applied to both in-store and online purchases and are eligible through October 3, 2020.
- Guests must be enrolled in Target Circle to participate in the trade-in and receive a coupon.
- Scan sheets will be placed on the drop-off boxes for guests to scan from their mobile device into their Circle.
- Guests will only be able to scan one coupon per Circle account and the coupon can be combined with other item offers.