Target’s corporate giving leverages a range of financial and in-kind resources to help all families discover the joy of everyday life.
Community has always been at the core of who we are. Our efforts are rooted in caring for our communities and fostering community connections. Through equitable and inclusive partnerships and programs we support local, national and global organizations and enlist our team members and guests to enrich our shared communities where we live, work and play.
caring for our communities
disaster relief & response
In times of crisis, we make sure our team members and partners have everything they need to help communities prepare for tough situations. When a disaster strikes, we are on the scene quickly providing supplies, volunteers and distribution networks through relief organizations. All year round, we provide relief partners with local donations and annual funding.
more about Target's disaster preparedness and response efforts
Since 2001, we have partnered with Feeding America in their fight to end hunger in the U.S. We donate millions of pounds of food each year, providing millions of meals to families in need. We also support programs to build capacity, helping to increase the reach of local resources.
military & veteran support
We honor those who have served our country. As a member of the Veteran Jobs Mission, we have pledged to hire more veterans and their spouses—thousands have joined our team each year since 2014—and we offer benefits for activated reservists. Our company has contributed more than $2 million in support of active service members, veterans and their families over the past two years, toward programs and partners such as Operation Gratitude, USO and others. Many of our team members are active volunteers, working with partners like The Mission Continues to thank military members for their service and help those returning from deployment transition to civilian life and careers.
more about our support of the military and veterans
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
For more than 20 years, Target has partnered with St. Jude in Memphis, Tennessee to support its mission of finding cures and saving children. We have raised millions of dollars, fueled ground-breaking research to find cures for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases and even created Target House – a home-away-from-home where more than 4,500 families have stayed free-of-charge while their child undergoes treatment at St. Jude. Over the years, we also have hosted hundreds of imaginative carnivals, parties and events.
We are committed to addressing the environmental impacts of our business within our operations and across our value chain because we believe operating a sustainable business and using resources responsibly will allow us to serve our guests for generations to come. We work with others in the U.S. and around the world to encourage progress in areas above and beyond our own business and operations, through cross-sector partnerships, team member engagement, philanthropic investments and more.
We demonstrate our commitment to supporting our hometown community through our strong legacy of volunteer engagement, corporate giving and local store giving. Each year, we donate millions in cash grants and in-kind product donations in the Twin Cities, including corporate giving grants to support local arts and cultural organizations. Our commitment to supporting organizations in the Twin Cities is unwavering, and we will continue to address our community’s needs now and in the future. (Investments through this program are made by invitation only.)
We are committed to the communities around the globe where our team members live and work. We provide grants to support organizations working to strengthen these communities. (Investments through these programs are made by invitation only.)
fostering community connections
creative placemaking (hometown only)
We partner with local organizations in the Twin Cities to intentionally leverage the power of the arts, culture and creativity to build connections between people and places and enhance the quality of place.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in the way do business and how we engage with our team, guests and communities. Through strategic partnerships, sponsorships, programs and volunteerism, we leverage our resources to help reduce disparities, to provide equitable and inclusive opportunity and to strengthen the diverse needs of the communities we serve. Examples or the organizations we support include the National Museum of African American History and Culture, Smithsonian Latino Center, and GLSEN.
- Community Engagement Funds: Our Community Engagement Funds (CEF) allow our stores and distribution center leaders across the country to support local programs and organizations that bring joy to families and address critical needs in their communities. CEF grants are made by invitation only.
- Local Store Giving: Our local stores care about the communities they are in. If your organization is a non-profit 501(c) 3, accredited school or government agency, you may go to our store to request a Target GiftCard donation.
- Note: To be considered, please provide your request on formal letterhead with your EIN. Public agencies (i.e. public schools, public libraries, etc.) will need to provide a Government Affirmation letter or other IRS-provided letter. GiftCard donations are available Feb-Dec, as funding permits. An average donation is $25-50 with the maximum donation of $500 per year, per agency. Target does not donate merchandise. Stores typically take up to 30 days to review and respond with an approval or decline.
- Soccer Play Spaces: Target is creating 100 new soccer play spaces across the U.S. by 2020 in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, providing safe and accessible places for families to play.
- Target Heroes & Helpers: Our annual Heroes & Helpers promotes positive interactions between youth and the public safety officials from their neighborhoods by pairing them together for holiday shopping sprees in many of our stores.