Safe and inclusive work environments where all dimensions of difference are valued and represented, while all team members feel welcome and able to bring their authenticity to deliver results.
We do all this through across many areas of our business including:
- Accountabilities, reporting and incentives (for example, D&I goals and results reported above). This work is dependent on an enterprise ecosystem composed of merchandising, marketing, communications, human resources, supplier diversity, corporate responsibility and many other teams whose performance is tied to their diversity and inclusion goals.
- Developing inclusion acumen among our teams—the knowledge, skills and ability to create an inclusive environment where those around you feel safe, welcome, valued and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. At Target we prioritize:
- Personal curiosity: whether listening to a podcast, watching a video or reading an article, there's always something new to learn.
- Immersive experiences: when it comes to building empathy, experience is our greatest teacher. Teams might engage in theatrical learning experiences, "Meet the Guest" simulations and visit museum exhibits together.
- Topical training: Whether in the classroom or in a virtual setting, we strive to meet our learners where they are and present important topics like bias training and peer learning.
- Hiring and retaining a diverse team. careers
- Our employee resource groups:
- Target Business Councils:
- African American Business Council
- Asian Business Council
- Hispanic Business Council
- Military Business Council
- PRIDE+ Business Council
- Women's Business Council
- Target Networks, such as:
- Ability Awareness Network
- Christian Network
- Cycling Network
- Jewish Network
- Muslim Network
- RedGamers Network
- Spots A Cappella
- Parent and Family Network
October 29, 2020
September 18, 2020
July 3, 2019
May 11, 2018