Sweater not your style? Proud owner of two new waffle irons? We’re here for you! At Target, we’re all about making your shopping experience safe and easy—including returns when something’s not quite right.
The super-simple details
You can return most new, unopened items within 90 days.
- Bought it at a Target store? Return it at any Target store. And know that as always, we have robust coronavirus response measures in place to keep our guests and store teams safe.
- Bought it on Target.com? Return it at any Target store or drop it off at a convenient UPS or FedEx return access point. (Psst… return shipping is free—here’s how to print a label.) The same goes for Target.com orders picked up via Drive-up or Order Pickup, too.
- Got it as a gift? Return it to any Target store using a gift receipt or packing slip.
And to make returns extra-speedy during busiest shopping times, in addition to the usual Guest Services counter our teams will also accept returns at designated checklanes.
Need to return electronics or entertainment items?
Knowing that many guests are shopping early this season (because, well… 2020), we’re extending our electronics and entertainment return window this holiday season.
- If you bought electronics or entertainment items (excluding Apple® products) between Oct. 1 and Dec. 25, you have until Jan. 24 to make a return.
- If you bought Apple® products (excluding mobile phones) between Oct. 1 and Dec. 25, you have until Jan. 9 to make a return.
Handling returns safely
Just like we’re working hard to make our in-store experience safe, you can rest assured that we’re handling returns safely, too. That means following all CDC and state-specific guidelines, thoroughly cleaning hard-surface items (like board games, for example) and holding soft items (like apparel) for 24 hours in a back room before returning to shelves. If a returned item can’t be resold, we either donate, salvage, recycle or properly dispose of it if it’s broken or damaged. And we never re-sell anything that is temperature controlled and has left the store (like milk).
Check out our full return policy on Target.com.