Opening a new store may look a little different in 2020, but if any team has what it takes to pull it off—it's Team Target. From the Upper West Side of Manhattan to Los Angeles’ Sunset Boulevard, Target’s opened doors at 30 new locations across the country this year, reaching new guests and neighborhoods at a time when ease, safety and convenience is more important than ever. Our goal? Provide guests a convenient place to get everything they need safely, whether they prefer to browse the aisles or shop on the go with Target’s quick-and-easy Order Pickup (or Drive Up, like at our new Boston Dorchester Fields Corner and Chicago Mayfair stores.)
With the safety of our guests and team members top of mind, we’ve built in the very latest in safety measures to these new locations, including hand sanitizer stations, plexiglass checkout shields and signage throughout each store to aid in social distancing. Whether our doors have been open one day or 10,000, our guests can expect that our teams are working to create the safest place to shop.
In addition to health and safety considerations, we’ve packed these 30 new stores with all the fun Target details that make them uniquely Tarzhay. One example: Target Hell’s Kitchen, where guests will be greeted by a one-of-a-kind mural created by local artist Bailey Sullivan, representing blooming flowers native to Manhattan. Or Target Las Vegas Showcase, where guests can snap a selfie with a larger-than-life Bullseye the Dog while grabbing their groceries.
Left: Target’s Hell's Kitchen's unique floral mural. Right: Target’s Las Vegas Showcase store’s Bullseye the Dog statue.
It’s not just about creating a fun place to shop. From the assortment to the architecture to the team members themselves, each Target store strives to reflect and connect with the community it calls home. Like Target University of California-San Diego: It’s our first small-format store located on a college campus itself, and most of the store’s team members are also students. And the team’s already showing their UCSD spirit, including sponsoring the 2020 virtual homecoming week and setting up ongoing contributions to the campus food shelf program.
Another great example: Our L.A. Sunset Boulevard store. This traditionally sized store brings the vibrancy of Los Angeles inside through floor-to-ceiling windows so guests can catch views of the surrounding community, including the Hollywood sign and the L.A. Observatory, while they shop. And we’ve installed two exterior patio seating areas where guests can grab a coffee and enjoy the sights and bustle along Sunset.
Left, Target University of California – San Diego’s team poses inside the new store. Right: Target’s Los Angeles Sunset Boulevard store features outdoor seating for guests to relax and enjoy the bustle of Sunset.
Looking for more? See the full list of new stores below and check out the image gallery for a peek inside a few of our newest additions. And if you’re nearby, grab your mask and swing in to see these unique locations for yourself.
See the full list of our new stores
- LA Sunset, 5500 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- LA 18th and La Cienega, 1833A LaCienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- LA Westchester Sepulveda Blvd, 8900 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- Rolling Hills, 43 Peninsula Ctr, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
- Santa Monica 16th and Wilshire, 1610 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA
- Upper West Side 61st St. And Broadway, 1863 Broadway, New York, NY
- Manhattan Hell’s Kitchen, 615 10th Ave, New York, NY
- Staten Island Forest Avenue, 1520 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY
- Chicago Mayfair, 4631 W Foster Ave, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Lincoln Park South, 555 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL
- Boston Dorchester Fields Corner, 500 Geneva Ave, Dorchester, MA
- Boston Beacon Hill, 100 Cambridge St, Boston, MA
- Champaign Campustown, 603 E Green St, Champaign, IL
- Houston Westheimer and Shepherd, 2075 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX
- Bellevue 4th St and 116th Ave, 272 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA
- Taylorsville, 5800 S Redwood Rd, Taylorsville, UT
- San Juan Capistrano, 31874 Del Obispo St, San Juan Capistrano, CA
- UC San Diego Price Center, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA
- Las Vegas Showcase, 3767 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV
- Iowa City Downtown, 113 E Washington St, Iowa City, IA
- Orlando Vineland, 11619 Daryl Carter Pkwy, Orlando, FL
- Ballston, 740 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA
- Chicago Logan Square, 2434 N Sacramento Ave, Chicago, IL
- West Lafayette State Street, 300 W State St, West Lafayette, IN
- San Marcos Downtown, 101 Concho St, San Marcos, TX
- Placerville, 3968 Missouri Flat Rd, Placerville, CA
- LA La Brea and 4th St, 415 S LaBrea Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- Austin Saltillo, 901 E 5th St, Austin, TX
- Coral Gables, 1906 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL
- Daly City Westlake, 100 Westlake Ctr, Daly City, CA
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!