2022 Target Environmental, Social and Governance Report
We aim to center our business strategy, investments, engagement and reporting on priority environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics that are most important to our business and our stakeholders across our value chain.
As part of that process, we monitor and address new developments in ESG disclosure frameworks, as well as best practices and expectations for ESG reporting.
Target’s ESG metrics include disclosures from the following frameworks:
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, which is the first and most widely used framework worldwide for sustainability reporting.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Standards, which identify the ESG issues SASB has determined to be most relevant to financial performance in each industry, and are intended to guide the disclosure of information to investors.
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which call on governments, business and civil society organizations to address the most urgent problems facing our world today.
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) Recommendations, which cover four areas: Governance, Strategy, Risk Management, and Metrics and Targets, and are intended to help investors appropriately assess and price companies’ risks and opportunities related to climate change.
- UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework (UNGPRF), which is the world’s first comprehensive guidance for companies to report on how they respect human rights.