Our reporting is focused on our priority ESG topics — those that we believe are the most relevant to our business and important to our stakeholders.
Download the 2021 Corporate Responsibility Report
Target’s 2021 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report updates stakeholders on our progress against our commitments across the company’s global operations.
Download the 2021 report
For decades, we have been helping all families discover the joy of everyday life.
Invested an additional $1 billion in the well-being, health and safety of team members, including:
• Increased wages and bonus payouts.
• Paid leave support.
• Free access to health care through virtual doctor visits for all team members.
• Free backup care for all U.S. team members.
• Donation to the Target Team Member Giving Fund.
As part of our REACH strategy, committed to spend more than $2 billion with Black-owned businesses by the end of 2025, including:
• Increasing the number of products from Black-owned businesses.
• Spending more with Black-owned companies.
• Establishing new resources to engage with Black entrepreneurs to help them grow and scale their businesses in mass retail.
Launched the Disability & Mental Health Business Council to further foster an inclusive culture around disability, mental health and neurodiversity.
Signed new renewable energy projects that will address nearly a quarter of our electricity use with solar and wind power. That means, along with our existing partnerships, we’ll purchase nearly 50% of our electricity from renewable sources once these projects are operational.
As a Founding Partner of the Consortium to Reinvent the Retail Bag, announced nine cutting-edge potential designs for the retail bag of the future, with the end goal of reducing plastic waste.
Achieved our commitment to provide 10,000 hours of pro-bono consulting services* for Black and people of color owned small businesses in the Twin Cities.
*Achieved as of June 2021
Launched Target’s Circular Design Guide, an internal, interactive training hub for all team members to learn about circular design and how it impacts their daily work.
Partnered with Arbor Day Foundation to support wildfire reforestation and planted 100,000 trees to restore lands affected by California’s Camp and Carr Fires.
$245 million in cash and in-kind donations given to communities as part of our 5% commitment, including:
• Target and Target Foundation together committed $10 million to support nonprofit partners focused on addressing the systemic and structural barriers facing Black communities.
• We also committed an additional $10 million to expand assistance to our team members, as well as local, national and global organizations responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• More than $7 million to 2,500 local and national nonprofits via Target Circle guest-directed giving.
• Donated over 94.5 million pounds of food — the equivalent of 78 million meals — to support families across the country*.
Spritz line of recyclable and reusable party supplies launched three new party collections, including bags and wraps, and compostable plates, cups and cutlery.
Download the 2021 report
We seek to center our strategy, investments, internal and external engagement, and reporting on the environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics that are most relevant to our business and our stakeholders across our value chain.
Our vision is to co-create an equitable and regenerative future together with our guests, partners and communities.
We’ve been sharing corporate responsibility efforts since Target first published a Community Involvement Report in 1969. Starting in 2010, we began publishing comprehensive corporate responsibility activities and information online..
Explore all reports