Building on a strong foundation of civic engagement
Since its founding, Target has proudly stood in support of democracy and encouraged our team members and guests to get engaged in the civic process and exercise their right to vote.
The following principles guide our decisions on when to engage in public policies related to our elections and voting:
- Every American should have a voice in our democracy.
- Voting should be safe and accessible to all.
- Elections must be fair and transparent.
- Equal access to voting is required to have a more inclusive society.
We call on elected officials to ensure:
- There are an adequate number of polling places and they are sufficiently staffed.
- All polling places are free of intimidation and violence.
- Changes to voting laws do not disproportionately impact Black communities, Indigenous communities and other communities of color.
At Target, we promote civic engagement among team members in a nonpartisan and inclusive way through the Citizens@Target network, encouraging all to get involved in the community in a way that matters to them and providing them with the tools and resources to do so.
Target proudly supports and encourages our team members and guests to be active participants in democracy. We’ve partnered with a variety of nonpartisan organizations committed to civic engagement and making our democracy accessible, including: