MINNEAPOLIS - December 21, 2013
The following are some tips to help consumers understand actions they can take following the data breach impacting Target’s U.S. Stores.
- Our guests will bear absolutely zero liability for any charges that they didn’t make.
- If a guest looks at their credit or debit account and sees charges they did not make, they should contact us at 1-866-852-8680. Otherwise they do not need to call.
- Target will never ask a guest for their social security or pin number. If a guest receives a request for that information, they should ignore or delete the communication.
- Target will be providing free fraud monitoring to all impacted guests and will reach out to those guests in the coming weeks.
- In addition, everyone is entitled to a free credit report, directly, from each of the three nationwide credit reporting agencies. To order an annual free report please visit www.annualcreditreport.com, call toll free at 1-877-322-8228, or directly contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies. If you aware of any suspicious activities, you should call the issuing bank.