This holiday season, Target is making it easy for guests to bring their unique holiday moments to life with a vast holiday product assortment at unbeatable prices and the gift of a little extra time to prepare. From Friday, November 29 to Monday, December 30, most Target locations across Canada will offer extended hours to help guests check things off their lists with ease.
“Target is celebrating its first holiday season in Canada and we are proud to offer guests a new and extended shopping experience in the Canadian market,” said John Morioka, senior vice president, merchandising, Target. “At Target, we want to inspire guests with our broad product assortment and help to make shopping a little easier. Our stores offer everything required to meet guests’ holiday wants and needs - from home décor to gifts and toys - all in one place and at an incredible value.”
“My Kind of Holiday” Target’s 2013 holiday marketing campaign is designed to celebrate traditions – big and small – that make up guests’ holiday season each year. “My Kind of Holiday” will inspire guests to bring their holiday moments to life, from the first decoration to the final dessert. This theme will extend across all campaign channels, including broadcast, radio, catalogues, digital and social media. Target invites guests to join the conversation by using the hashtag #MyKindofHoliday on Twitter and Facebook.
With competitive price shops, price match guarantee, special deals and REDcard Rewards, guests can shop at Target with confidence knowing they will pay the lowest prices throughout the season.
Extended Price Match Policy: Target has extended the timeframe for its Price Match Policy for the holiday season. If a guest purchases a qualifying item at Target between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and then finds it for less or in a local competitor’s printed ad, Target will match that price.
For competitor flyers, guests can bring in a current local print flyer showing the lower price by Dec. 24.
Expect More. Pay Less.: Target is kicking off the season with the launch of the Holiday Kids Catalogue. There are 40 pages featuring over 250 of the hottest toys, electronics and licensed gifts for the holidays, along with four pages of coupons for additional cost savings. Starting today, the Holiday Kids Catalogue will be available in-stores and online at www.target.ca/toycatalogue, and will begin arriving in-home. Target also offers Weekly Wow deals in the weekly flyer that offer high frequency items at incredible prices.
REDcard Rewards: To make holiday shopping even more affordable, guests who shop with their Target REDcard will receive 5% savings on nearly all purchases at Target, applied instantly at the time of purchase, on top of Target’s already low prices.
Extended Holiday Store Hours
To best serve the needs of guests, Target is offering extended hours at all stores throughout the holiday season. Starting Friday, November 29, most Target stores across Canada will be open Monday – Saturday from 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. The following locations have alternate hours:
- Manitoba: Sunday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- New Brunswick: Sunday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Prince Edward Island: Sunday 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Quebec: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Black Friday – Friday, November 29
- Canadians will have extra time to score incredible Black Friday deals. On Friday, November 29, all stores across Canada, with the exception of Quebec, will be open from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Quebec stores will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Christmas Eve – Tuesday, December 24
- All provinces will be open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., with the exception of Quebec.
- Quebec: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Christmas Day – Wednesday, December 25
- All Target stores will be closed on Christmas Day, December 25.
Boxing Day – Thursday, December 26
One of the busiest shopping days of the year, Boxing Day store hours across Canada are as follows:
- British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario - 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Quebec 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland - closed, but back open for business on December 27 from 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
New Year’s Eve – Tuesday, December 31
- All stores will be open on New Year’s Eve from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. with the exception of Quebec.
- Quebec: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Stores in all other provinces will be closed for business.
Some exceptions may apply to store hours based on municipal by-laws, visit www.target.ca for store locations and information.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,888 stores – 1,797 in the United States and 91 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit target.ca/corporateresponsibility.