MINNEAPOLIS - November 6, 2017
Retailer’s Black Friday ad features thousands of deals, including lowest prices of the year on video games, TVs, electronics and more, with select offers available today
- Target stores will be open 6 p.m. to midnight on Thanksgiving, and will reopen at 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 24
- Black Friday deals will be available for all guests on Target.com early the morning of Thanksgiving, with free shipping on all orders
- For the first time, when guests spend $50 on Friday, Nov. 24, they will receive a coupon for 20 percent off a future shopping trip
Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today revealed its Black Friday ad, available at Target.com/BlackFriday, including the lowest prices ever on some of the hottest gifts and must-have products of the holidays. Guests will have several opportunities to shop Black Friday deals leading up to Thanksgiving, when stores will be open from 6 p.m. to midnight, with nearly all deals available on Target.com early that same day.
“When you consider the breadth of our Black Friday offers, guests can save more across Target than any other time of the year, with literally thousands of deals to choose from,” said Mark Tritton, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, Target. “Beyond the big shopping event, guests can feel confident they’ll find incredible value at Target whether they shop online or at one of our more than 1,800 stores. With low prices in every department, as well as sales like Cyber Monday and our new Weekend Deals, we’ll offer a steady stream of deals throughout the season.”
“We know that shopping Black Friday deals at Target is an annual tradition for many of our guests across the country,” said Janna Potts, executive vice president and chief stores officer, Target. “Our hours for this year ensure we’re ready with great deals for those guests who want to shop following their Thanksgiving dinner, while also giving our teams a chance to recharge and prepare our stores before we open on Friday to greet guests with even more holiday savings.”
Monday, Nov. 6
Black Friday Preview sale
In stores and on Target.com
Wednesday, Nov. 22
REDcard Early Access Sale
On Target.com for REDcard holders
Thursday, Nov. 23 through Saturday, Nov. 25
Black Friday Deals available
In stores and on Target.com
Black Friday Preview Sale, Nov. 6
Black Friday savings begin today with the retailer’s popular Preview Sale. For the fourth year in a row, guests can get a jump start on holiday shopping with select Black Friday deals across toys, electronics, entertainment and more. New this year, discounts will be applied automatically at checkout, with no coupon or codes required, making saving quicker and easier for guests. Guests can view the Preview Sale deals at Target.com/BlackFriday. Deals are available in all stores until close and Target.com until 11:59 p.m. PST on Nov. 6.
Early Access and Black Friday Weekend, Nov. 22 – Nov. 25
New this year, on Wednesday, Nov. 22, Target will make more than 100 Black Friday deals available on Target.com for REDcard holders only through its Early Access sale. This is the most Black Friday deals the retailer has ever made available before Thanksgiving. The sale for REDcard holders will start early the morning of Nov. 22. As always, guests who shop with a REDcard receive 5 percent savings on nearly all items.
All guests can shop Target’s Black Friday deals on Target.com early the morning of Thanksgiving or when stores open at 6 p.m. Guests will receive free shipping on all orders, with no minimum purchase. In addition, the retailer is making more Black Friday deals eligible for Order Pickup than ever for guests who want to buy online and pickup in a store. For the fourth year in a row, Target stores will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving, one of the busiest shopping days of the year, and this year, stores will close at midnight. These new hours will accommodate guests who make Black Friday shopping part of their Thanksgiving tradition, and reflect when the retailer has seen the most shopping in stores for the past several years.
The retailer will once again have designated team members serving as line service ambassadors to direct guests, answer questions and distribute tickets for select doorbusters. Guests can easily locate deals with clear signing in stores and via the Target app.
As part of its Black Friday sale, Target is offering the lowest prices ever on select items. Top deals include:
- 13 TVs under $300 and the lowest price ever on a 55” TV, Westinghouse 55” UHD TV for $249.99.
- Lowest price ever on Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 consoles.
-Xbox One S 500GB console, $189.99 with a $25 Target GiftCard, giving guests $115 in total value (Reg. $279.99).
-Sony PlayStation 4 1TB console, $199.99, giving guests $100 in savings (Reg. $299.99).
- Nearly 1,000 toys under $10 and 2,000 under $20, including the popular 3-foot stuffed bear (in stores only) and PAW Patrol Mission Cruiser playset.
- KitchenAid Ultra Power Plus 4.5qt Stand Mixer, $249.99, giving guests $100 in savings (Reg. $349.99).
- Buy one, get one 50 percent off on hundreds of beauty gift sets—the most beauty sets the retailer has ever offered on sale.
- Some of the lowest prices of the season on brands like A New Day and Goodfellow & Co, with sweaters and fleeces for the family starting at just $10.
Black Friday savings will continue on Friday, Nov. 24, when Target will open at 6 a.m. For the first time, guests who spend $50 in stores or on Target.com on Friday, Nov. 24, will receive a coupon for 20 percent off a future shopping visit that can be redeemed between Nov. 28 and Dec. 10.
Holiday Hours, Staffing and More Ways to Save
Target invests in its team members and values the individuals who come together as a team to serve its guests. In October, the company announced a minimum wage increase to $11 an hour for all team members, including thousands of team members hired for the holidays. During the holiday season, Target works closely with its team members to understand scheduling preferences and compensates all hourly team members who work on national holidays, including Thanksgiving, with pay equal to time-and-a-half their hourly rate. Also, all hourly team members who work certain shifts on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the weekends leading up to Christmas will receive additional compensation on top of premium holiday pay. This holiday pay is an investment in Target’s team and the elevated experience they provide to Target guests during the holiday season. Target’s extended hours for the holidays include:
- Nov. 23: All stores open at 6 p.m. and close at midnight
- Nov. 24: All stores open at 6 a.m. and close at 10, 11 p.m. or midnight
- Nov. 25: All stores open at the regular time of 7 or 8 a.m. and close at 10, 11 p.m. or midnight
- Nov. 26: All stores open at the regular time of 7 or 8 a.m. and close at 10, 11 p.m. or midnight
- Dec. 17-23: All stores open at 7 a.m. and close at midnight
- Dec. 24: All stores open at 7 a.m. and close at 10 or 11 p.m.
- Dec. 25: All stores closed
- Dec. 26: All stores open at 7 a.m. and close at 10, 11 p.m. or midnight
- Dec. 31: All stores open at regular time of 7 or 8 a.m. and close at 9 or 10 p.m.
The savings will continue after Black Friday. Guests will find deep discounts on Target.com on Cyber Monday and beyond, which will be shared at a later date, as well as new Weekend Deals, offered through December. Details about upcoming Weekend Deals can be viewed throughout the season at A Bullseye View beginning Wednesday, Nov. 8.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,828 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, which today equals millions of dollars a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.