MINNEAPOLIS - November 10, 2014
MINNEAPOLIS (Nov. 10, 2014) — Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today announced that beginning Nov. 10 and culminating on Black Friday weekend, guests will have more opportunities than ever to get access to Target’s top holiday gifts at Black Friday prices.
In addition to its Black Friday ad, Target revealed plans to offer early access to Black Friday deals for one-day only on Nov. 10, a pre-sale on Nov. 26 and a 6 p.m. store opening on Thanksgiving evening. With Cartwheel, guests will also have access to additional Black Friday deals between Nov. 23 and Nov. 29. REDcard holders will continue to receive an extra 5 percent off all of their purchases.
“We know our guests are pulled in a million different directions as the holidays get underway, so we’re helping them save time and money by offering more access to Black Friday deals,” said Kathee Tesija, chief merchandising and supply chain officer, Target. “Whether shopping online, on their phone or in our stores, Target’s guests will find Black Friday deals on top gifts throughout November. And to deliver even more savings, all Target.com orders ship for free until December 20.”
Savings Start Early: Daily Deals Like Never Before
For the first time on Nov. 10 only, a selection of top Black Friday doorbuster deals* will be available at Target.com for guests using Store Pickup. To get the deals, guests can select an eligible item on Target.com and choose Store Pickup when placing their order. Guests will receive an email notification when the order is received and again when it is ready for pickup.
The deals are:
- Apple TV, $89.00, Reg. $99.99
- nabi 2 Android Tablet, $129.99, Reg. $179.99
- Beats Studio Headphones, $249.99, Reg. $299.99
- RCA 8” Tablet, $69.99, Reg. $119.99
- Black & Decker Junior Power Tool Workshop, $39.00, Reg. $59.99
- Little Tikes Trampoline, $39.00, Reg. $59.99
- A selection of $9 movies and $7 CDs
- Hello Kitty CD Karaoke System, $39.99, Reg. $49.99
- Jensen Boombox, $29.99, Reg. $39.99
Throughout the holiday season, Cartwheel – Target’s mobile savings app – is offering 50 percent off a different toy every day. Additionally, from Nov. 23 to 29, Cartwheel will feature exclusive deals, including at least 25 percent off more than 100 offers. Top deals include:
- 60 percent off select movie titles
- 40 percent off select multi-piece bakeware sets
- 30 percent off board game favorites like Candyland and Chutes and Ladders
On Wednesday, Nov. 26, Target stores and Target.com will offer a handful of Black Friday deals early to guests. The deals will be available for preview in the Weekly Ad on Sunday, Nov. 23.
Deals will be available on Target.com on Thanksgiving morning for guests who want to shop early. Then, at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Target stores will open for Black Friday shoppers. The first several hundred guests waiting in line at Target stores across the nation on Thursday, Nov. 27 will receive a Christmas cracker, a gift that is synonymous with the holidays in many parts of the world, which will include a Target GiftCard or coupon. Top deals include:
- New iPad Air 2 16GB, $499.00, and a free $140 Target GiftCard, Reg. $499.00
- Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones, $97.00, Reg. $169.99
- Element 40” 1080p LED HDTV, $119.00
- Xbox One, $329.99, and a free $50 Target GiftCard and two free digital download games, Reg. $399.99
- Nikon L330 20.2MP High Zoom Camera, $99.00, Reg. $229.99
- Westinghouse 55” 1080p LED HDTV, $395.00
- Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, $99.99, Reg. $129.99
- GoPro HERO3+ Silver edition, $249.99, and a free $50 Target GiftCard, Reg. $299.99
- Sony PlayStation 4, $399.00 bundled with two free games
- Buy one, get one 50 percent off toys from select top brands
- 40 percent off select LEGO sets
- 40 percent off apparel for women, men and kids
- 50 percent off all picture frames
- Dyson DC50 Allergy vacuum, $279.00, Reg. $449.99
On Nov. 28, from 6 a.m. to noon, guests can purchase up to $300 in Target GiftCards at 10 percent off at Target stores and Target.com – the first time Target has ever offered a discount on Target GiftCard purchases.
Additional Saturday-only deals will be available in Target stores and at Target.com, including 40 percent off Philips string lights and BOGO free all single-roll wrapping paper.
Beginning Monday Dec. 1, guests will find new deals every day at Target.com as part of Target’s largest Cyber Week sale, with more than 100,000 items on sale throughout the week. The offers will include category-wide sales in key gifting areas and steep discounts on apparel, toys, housewares and major brands such as LeapFrog, Dyson, LG, Kitchen-Aid, Canon and more. More information and deals will be available at the end of November.
Extended Holiday Hours
In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, Target works closely with its team members to understand scheduling preferences. Target compensates all hourly team members who work on a national holiday, including Thanksgiving, with pay equal to time and a half their hourly rate. Target is communicating to all hourly team members who work certain shifts on Thanksgiving and Black Friday that they will receive additional compensation on top of holiday premium pay. Target will offer extended store hours throughout the holiday season for guest convenience:
- Nov. 27-28: 6 p.m. (Thursday) to 11 p.m. or midnight (Friday)
- Dec. 24: 7 a.m. to 9 or 10 p.m.
- Dec. 25: closed
- Dec. 26: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., 11 p.m. or midnight
*Sale offers are valid while supplies last, with no rain checks. Some exclusions may apply – check Target.com/WeeklyAd for details.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,934 stores – 1,801 in the United States and 133 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.
Note: Target welcomes media to its stores. To contact your local store about shooting b-roll or photos or to request a local interview during the holiday season, please visit “Find a Store” at Target.com and contact the Leader on Duty. To request access to a store on Black Friday, please call Target’s Media Hotline (612) 696-3400 or email Press@target.com.
Follow @TargetNews on Twitter for real-time news and trends on Black Friday at Target.
For more information or b-roll footage, visit Target.com/Pressroom.