Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Media Contact
Shayna Keller No. 42 Target Chevrolet
Results (start) Texas Motor Speedway
1. (3) Greg Biffle, No. 16 Ford
14. (9) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet
16. (25) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet
Teams made their way to Texas Motor Speedway over the weekend for some racing action under the lights. The Samsung Mobile 500 only experienced two caution flags for 10 laps and ended in record time with an average speed of 160 mph. The Target team started from the 25th position and worked on handling throughout the night to finish in the 16th position.
Juan Pablo Montoya qualified the No. 42 Target Chevrolet midfield for the start of the seventh race of the 2012 season. High winds and long green flag runs played a big role in the way the race played out. The Target team experienced handling concerns early on and took every opportunity to make adjustments during the 334-lap event. As the evening came to a close, Montoya started to gain ground and battle back for positions. When the checkered flag waved, the Target Chevrolet was credited with the 16th position. At the close of the race only 12 cars finished on the lead lap.
“Between the wind, the changing race track and the handling it was a long night for the Target team,” Montoya remarked. “There weren’t a lot of caution flags tonight so we didn’t have much of a chance to work on the car like we had hoped to. I’ll take the 16th-place finish after everything we went through.”
· Montoya made his 11th NSCS starts at Texas Motor Speedway. His best starting position of third came in the fall of 2007, while his highest finishing position came in April 2009, when the No. 42 Chevrolet crossed the line in seventh.
· The race consisted of just two caution flags for 10 laps and long green flag runs. Only 12 cars finished on the lead lap.
· Montoya currently sits 18th in the point standings, 45 points out of the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series heads out to Kansas Speedway next weekend for the STP 400 on Sunday, April 22. The race will air live on FOX and radio stations affiliated with MRN at 12:30 pm ET.
For more information log onto: