MINNEAPOLIS - February 17, 2012
Final Bud Shootout Practice Session Results
P1 Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet – 45.524 sec
P2 Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet – 45.525 sec
First Bud Shootout Practice Session Results
P1 Matt Kenseth, No. 17 Ford – 44.607 sec
P4 Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet – 45.032 sec
P23 Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet – 45.809 sec
- Today’s practice session for the Budweiser Shootout marks the official kick-off of the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.
- The final practice session was shortened due to rain.
- The invitation-only field consists of a maximum of 28 cars, as opposed to 43 starters in a standard race.
- The starting line-up is determined by a random draw which takes place tonight and will air on SPEED channel at 8:30 ET (tape delayed)
- Tomorrow’s Budweiser Shootout will start at 8:10 pm ET and will air on SPEED channel.
Quote from Juan Pablo Montoya-
“ We just spent our practice sessions trying to figure out how we're going to run and learn more for the weekend. Our Target Chevy seems to be strong. I think it's going to be a crazy race, we’re going to end up in a big pack if you want my honest opinion. It should be fun.”
Quote from Jamie McMurray-
“I've been fortunate to run well at these superspeedway tracks. It's a big deal for Bass Pro Shops and McDonalds. Johnny (Morris) loves plate racing. He and his boy will be here. I hope we can win. Honestly, I've run well in the Shootout and gotten caught up in wrecks in the 500 so you never know how these things are going play out.”
The 54th annual Daytona 500, the season-starting Super Bowl of auto racing is on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 12:00pm ET. Live coverage will be on FOX and radio stations affiliated with MRN radio.
Be sure to follow us for up-to-the-minute updates on Twitter @EGRTeams throughout the weekend.