MINNEAPOLIS (Dec. 6, 2011)
– Target Corporation
(NYSE:TGT) today announced the Almost Last Minute Sale, a new savings event that will offer discounts on items from the most popular gift categories including home, apparel and accessories, toys, and electronics. The three-day sale will take place Dec. 8 through Dec. 10 in stores and at Target.com.
“With many of our guests still in search of the perfect item, Target is excited to introduce a new savings event just in time for Christmas,” said Kathee Tesija, executive vice president, Merchandising, Target. “The Almost Last-Minute Sale is ideal for our guests who want to save money and get the perfect gifts for their family and friends.”
Almost Last Minute Deals
An eight-page advertisement, found in daily newspapers nationwide on Thursday, Dec. 8 and online Wednesday, Dec. 7, features a wide variety of deals including:
- Sony DSCW-530 Digital Camera, $89.99 (reg. $119)
- Classic Games (Twister, Battleship, Operation, and more), $8 (reg. $9.89-$16.99)
- Bella Cucina Treat Makers (waffle, mini-donut, cake pop and brownie maker), $16 each (reg. $19.99)
- Countertop Appliances (Black & Decker 12-cup fast brew coffee maker, Oster Belgian waffle maker or Black & Decker 4-slice stainless steel toaster oven), $25 (reg. $39.99)
- Merona® Fashion Scarves, $10 (reg. $14.99)
- 2-pc Gilligan & O’Malley Knit Pajama Set, $10 (reg. $17.99)
- Select Mossimo Watches, $16 (reg. $19.99)
- Merona Shawl-Collar Cardigan or Pullover Sweater, $25 each (reg. $32.99)
In addition to mark downs on popular gift items, guests will also receive Target GiftCards with certain purchases during the Almost Last Minute Sale.
Additional Everyday Savings
Throughout December, guests will continue to save with Target’s everyday low prices and pricing policies including:
- Target’s PriceMatch: If guests find a lower price on an identical item advertised locally by a competitor, Target will match the price during the effective date of the competitor’s advertisement.
- Target’s Price Adjustment Policy: If a guest purchases an item at Target, but sees it advertised by Target at a lower price during the same week of the purchase, or the week following the purchase date, the guest can bring the original receipt to the Guest Service desk and receive a price adjustment.
- Target REDCards: Guests can save an additional 5 percent on already low prices at Target and Target.com throughout the holiday season. Guests who shop with any Target REDcard (Target Visa Credit Card, Target Credit Card, and Target Debit Card) or Target Business Card experience even greater value on all holiday purchases with no minimum purchase and no membership fee.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,767 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood
on Twitter for news and trends about the holiday season at Target.
Upon approval, you will receive 5 percent off purchases paid for with your REDcard at Target stores and Target.com (Target Debit Card® cannot be used on the mobile Target.com website), except on prescriptions, Target gift cards and prepaid cards, Target Clinic® services, and Target Optical® eye exams. Five percent discount applies to eligible purchases minus any other discounts and the value of any promotional Target gift cards received in the transaction. See program rules in store or Target.com/redcard for details.