Since the pandemic first began, you’ve turned to Target for essentials like groceries, medicine, cleaning supplies, pet care, work-and-learn-from home gear and so much more. And we’re continuing to do everything we can to keep our guests and team safe and create a convenient, flexible shopping experience during a time like no other. That includes enhanced cleaning procedures, masks and gloves for all team members in accordance with CDC guidelines, sanitizing of carts and baskets in between uses and plexiglass shields at every checkout lane. We’ve also put in place social distancing reminders and mask requirements for our guests, and continue to monitor and meter guest access as needed.
And, there are a few simple things you can do to make your Target run safer for everyone.
Heading to the store for a Target run? Keep a few important things in mind…
- Make a list and check it twice. By making your shopping list in advance, you’ll be able to move quickly through the store and limit your number of trips. (Psst… try the Target app, which helps you keep a list, shows your item’s exact aisle location, notes if it’s on sale and even “smart sorts” your list for the most efficient path through the store.)
- Wash up. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after you shop, and use the hand sanitizer available at entrances and each checkout.
- Mask up. The CDC notes that masks play a role in preventing the spread of coronavirus. Based on that guidance, masks are required in our stores with the exception of those with underlying medical conditions and young children. Don’t have one? No worries—masks are available at our doors.
- Shop solo—and skip the lines. If you can, please shop alone, and know that we’re continuing to monitor—and when needed, meter—how many people are in our stores at a time to help promote social distancing. And remember, if there’s a line at your store, you can reserve a spot on Target.com/line and we’ll text you when it’s your turn to come inside.
- Look and listen for—and follow—signs and announcements. Throughout the store, you’ll find signs and hear announcements reminding guests of the CDC’s guidance to give others 6 feet of space. Please pay special attention to these to keep you and other shoppers safe.
- Consider contactless payment options. Reach for Wallet, the mobile payment option in the Target app, for quick and easy checkout.
Or, shop from home (especially if you’re feeling ill)—and get your goods the same-day
Target has plenty of safe, convenient, industry-leading same-day pickup and delivery options—from free Order Pickup and Drive Up to same-day delivery with Shipt—that let you place an order from home and get your stuff fast, completely contact-free. And we’ve expanded the items available through these services and dedicated more Drive Up spaces in our parking lots to make things even easier.
Looking for more on Target’s coronavirus safety measures, including frequently asked questions? Visit our coronavirus hub.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!