June 7, 2018
Tens of millions of Target guests can now breeze through their busy summers with same-day delivery of groceries and more with Shipt, while also speeding up their Target Run with Drive Up—a service where team members bring online orders out to guests’ cars, usually within a couple minutes.
Target is expanding these time-saving services across the Midwest and Southeast. Special shout out to Chicagoans: You’ll be the first city to have all four of Target’s new delivery and pickup options—that’s Shipt, Drive Up, Target Restock and from-store delivery from select city stores.
“We set out this year with an ambitious plan to bring Target guests nationwide more ways to shop on their terms,” said John Mulligan, Target’s chief operating officer. “Our guests are enjoying the convenience of these new delivery and pickup services as we’re working to redefine the Target Run and make Target America’s easiest place to shop.”
“Target guests throughout the Midwest and Southeast are going to love Shipt and the other convenient services that Target is expanding,” said Bill Smith, Shipt’s founder and CEO. “With a Shipt membership—an unbeatable value at less than $2 per week for the year—Target guests can have groceries and essentials delivered right to their kitchen. Our Shipt Shoppers ensure a positive and personalized experience—it’s what members love most about Shipt.”
This month’s expansion of Shipt and Drive Up puts Target more than halfway toward its industry-leading goal of making these services available coast to coast in time for the holidays.
Here’s a quick snapshot of our expansion and how guests can take advantage this summer:
Same-day delivery with Shipt
- Expansion update: By the end of June, Target will offer Shipt in more than 135 markets allowing guests to shop our in-store assortment of groceries, essentials, electronics, home décor items and other products—and have them all delivered the same day. The service goes live today in Chicago as part of a major expansion into six Midwest states: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri and Wisconsin. Target is on track to make Shipt available from the majority of stores in more than 40 states by the holiday season, reaching a total of 65 percent of U.S. households. In 2019, same-day delivery will expand to all major product categories at Target.
- Summertime-saver scenario: Another gorgeous day, and it looks like everyone’s decided the party’s at your place this afternoon. Don’t panic—with just a few clicks, you can have cocktail mixers, nibbles, pool rafts and an extra chair or two delivered to your door before the first guest arrives!
- Expansion update: As of this week, more than 600 Target stores in 20 states offer Drive Up— a time-saving service that allows guests to place orders via the Target app, then have their items brought out to their cars by a store team member. Orders arrive within two minutes of when a guest pulls into the store parking lot. The service expanded to Midwest markets this week including Des Moines, Iowa, Kansas City, Missouri, Madison, Wisconsin and Omaha, Nebraska, and in Southeast markets including Raleigh, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee and Columbia, South Carolina. In July, Target will expand Drive Up to Chicago and a host of other markets. Nearly 1,000 Target stores nationwide will offer the service by holiday.
- Summertime-saver scenario: The kids are zonked in the backseat after a day at the pool—wearing wet bathing suits…and no shoes. No sweat. Just pull up in the Target parking lot, have Target bring that online order right out to the trunk, and head home in peace—without waking anyone up!
- Expansion update: In May, Target announced national expansion of Target Restock—a next-day delivery service of household essential products like paper towels, baby food, peanut butter and laundry detergent. Guests visit Target Restock online, fill up a Restock box with their household needs (up to 45 pounds) and orders placed by 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday are delivered for an industry-leading fee of just $2.99 per box, or free for Target REDcard purchases. The service is now available to about 75 percent of the population with shipments coming from Target stores in more than 60 markets.
- Summertime-saver scenario: If you have family or friends coming in town to stay with you this summer, Target Restock can help get your cupboards filled with snacks and your guest bathroom stocked with toiletries. Simply fill a Restock box and have it shipped to your door next day for easy hosting.
From Store Delivery From Select City Stores
- Expansion update: In April, Target announced expanding the service to stores throughout New York City and to four additional metros: Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington D.C. The service is now up and running at close to 60 stores in these five markets. Guests living in these areas can opt to have their orders delivered the same day during a two-hour window that’s most convenient for them. For city dwellers that means no schlepping, no subway or bus jostling. And that scheduled delivery costs just $7, about the price of a short taxi ride!
- Summertime-saver scenario: Have you ridden a packed city subway or bus on a 90-degree day? Enough said.
Another time-saving offer you can’t go wrong with—Target provides free two-day shipping on hundreds of thousands of items on Target.com with no membership required. Simply use a Target REDcard or spend more than $35 and get your order delivered to your doorstep, fast.
So this summer, let Target handle the pesky errands and heavy-lifting (literally), while you get back to what matters most—whether that’s an iced tea on the deck, a day at the beach or playing in the sprinkler with the kids. Stay tuned to A Bullseye View for more news and market expansions of these time-saving services.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!