It’s no secret that Target has been hard at work in the Home department. From launching our modern Home brand Project 62 last September, to the much-anticipated arrival of Hearth & Hand with Magnolia in November, to the upcoming launch of Opalhouse in just a few days, we’ve introduced more aesthetics than ever before, allowing our guests to mix and match styles to create a look that’s perfect for their home.
And now, fans of Nate Berkus will be able to find his signature aesthetic within the bedding and bath assortment of our Project 62 brand. Say hello to Project 62 + Nate Berkus.
“Target has been working with designer Nate Berkus since 2012 on a variety of collections, including everything from home décor to office supplies and more,” said Jill Sando, senior vice president, merchandising, Target. “Now that we’ve launched Project 62 with its approachable modern aesthetic, we felt that adding Nate’s signature design touch to the bed and bath assortment was the perfect complement.”
To help introduce you to Project 62 + Nate Berkus and to give your bedroom and bathroom a spring refresh, we caught up with Nate. Read on!
What are your favorite pieces from the collection? Why?
- The Pink Zipper Velvet Throw Pillow is a favorite. The velvet texture and modern pattern, paired with the blush shade, will complement any color palette you’re working around, especially neutrals. Plus, it feels very fresh—perfect for spring.
- The Triangle Stitched Jersey Quilt in gray is another favorite. An elegant quilt is always a great addition to your bedroom décor, especially as temperatures start to warm up. There are five different colors to choose from, and paired with crisp white sheets it will make your bedding feel elevated and stylish.
How can guests incorporate the new Project 62 + Nate Berkus collection into their existing space?
- Spring is a great time to update and overhaul your sheet and towel sets. Nothing feels more luxe than a fresh set of towels, or new sheets for your bed. I can’t get enough of the Project 62 + Nate Berkus towels we designed, and I’m a fan of the Modern Printed Sheet Sets. They come in seven colors and patterns that were deliberately created for easy styling. Living beautifully in your home means paying attention to the towels that are in your bathroom, and the sheets that are on your bed. Sometimes it’s these simple updates that feel the most special.
Any overall design/style tips for guests looking to give their bedrooms and bathrooms a spring update?
- I know this sounds so obvious, but I think we all need to be reminded of the benefits of a good spring clean. And a regular declutter. Sometimes it can be that simple.
- I tend to work with a very neutral color palette when designing interiors for clients. The trick is to bring in things with texture that will then make the room feel interesting to the eye. This Citron Perforated Leather Lumbar Pillow is a great example of that. Layered on a bed, or on a chair in the corner, it’s the perfect spring refresh for any bedroom.
The Project 62 + Nate Berkus bedding and bath collection is now available in Target stores and Target.com, at prices ranging from $6.99 to $99.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!