Perfect holiday party dress? Check! Glitzy heels? Got ‘em! Killer salon hairstyle? Who’s got the time?! To help us complete our head-to-toe holiday look, we turned to the master of creating show-stopping hairstyles: celebrity hairstylist and The Beauty Department co-founder Kristin Ess!
We asked Kristin to share three of her favorite festive styles with step-by-step instructions so guests can recreate the looks at home. With nothing more than a brush, a curling iron, some hair accessories and a few of Kristin’s signature Target-exclusive hair products, you’ll look fresh from the salon in no time!
“This look is one of my favorites for the holidays because it is totally 70’s chic and is so quick and easy to do. It’s great for a more casual holiday party, but could easily go more glam with a little bit of jewelry.”
- Create beachy waves using a 1- or 1¼-inch curling iron or wand.
- Pull headband up into place, leaving at least ½- to 1-inch of hair out around your hairline, allowing some of the hair to drop out in front.
- Finish with the soft shine beach wave spray for separation and shine!
- Pro tip: If you have fine hair or your hair does not hold curl well, always prep wet hair with the instant lift thickening spray for extra support.
“Sometimes you just want to go full holiday glam. This look is great for New Year’s Eve because it has lots of sparkle!”
- Begin again by creating beachy waves using a 1- or 1 ¼-inch curling iron or wand.
- Twist the hair as if you were going to do a classic French twist, but create the twist upside down so the tail is facing down.
- Use several large bobby pins to secure.
- Finish off the look with your favorite decorative pins!
- Use the signature finishing spray wherever you may need extra hold.
The Pearl Pony
“This look is perfect for any occasion! Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, Thanksgiving, you name it!”
- Create beachy waves using a 1- or 1 ¼-ich curling iron or wand.
- Bring the entire back of your hair into a low ponytail, leaving out the pieces in front of your ears.
- Take those two pieces that you left out and loosely twist them, crossing them over each other over the pony tail and pin them in place using small bobby pins.
- Place the decorative bobby pins along one side of the twist.
- Finish with signature finishing spray for extra hold!
Shop Kristin Ess hair products in Target stores or online at Target.com, at prices ranging from $10 to $14.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!