October 18, 2016
If you love a salon-fresh blow out (who doesn’t?!) but can’t figure out how to get smooth, luxurious locks at home, we have good news: Celebrity hairstylist Harry Josh is bringing his beloved Pro Tools Dryer 2000 to Target this holiday season.
Known for styling A-list stars like Gisele Bundchen, Gwyneth Paltrow and Amanda Seyfried, just to name a few, Harry created his Pro Tools brand to give professionals and consumers alike top-quality hair tools. The hairdryer—which will available at mass retail for the first time ever—is an industry fave, thanks to its ability to dramatically reduce frizz and cut down on drying time. It’s also the perfect holiday gift to pick up for the beauty aficionado in your life (or for yourself!), especially since Target REDcard holders get five percent off every purchase.
“I’m a stylist, so I know what stylists need, but I also work with women who want to recreate an amazing blowout at home—this is the tool that works wonders for stylists and real women alike,” said Harry. “The key to giving yourself a salon-quality blowout at home is having an amazing tool to help you create your look. People were constantly asking me where they could buy this dryer, and I’m so excited to introduce it to Target guests just in time just in time for the holidays.”
Ready to create a signature Harry Josh hairstyle at home? We made it simple, with step-by-step instructions, below:
Big and Bouncy
Harry’s pro tip: “Use the cold shot button on the dryer: Point it at the roots to lock in extra lift.”
What You’ll Do:
1. Prep wet hair with a volumizing styler like a mousse or root lift spray. Work from roots to ends.
2. Section hair into at least four even parts with clips so you can blow dry hair in sections.
3. Within each section, take hair and start to blow dry with a round brush.
4. Lift hair at the root with the brush and blow dry, pointing the nozzle at the root of the hair and working your way down following the brush. Repeat until fully dry, and then move to the next section.
5. To add extra texture, take a curling iron and curl one-inch sections of hair, concentrating on the bottom half.
6. Tousle hair with fingers and finish with a texturizing spray or hairspray for extra hold.
Sleek and Straight
Harry’s pro tip: “Using a nozzle is key—it helps concentrate air flow, which means a more efficient blowout and less room for frizz and flyaways. Use the narrow version for a sleek end result.”
What You’ll Do:
1. Prep wet hair with frizz-fighting, smoothing serum. Make sure to apply as soon as you get out of the shower.
2. Rough-dry hair to get a base.
3. Start dividing hair into sections. Blow dry hair with a boar bristle brush, pulling hair tightly and following the brush with your dryer. Repeat until fully dry, and then move to the next section.
4. When hair is dry, re-section it. Run a flat iron over one-inch sections throughout the head, smoothing each piece.
5. Finish by applying a shine serum, focusing on the ends, for a glossy finish.
The Harry Josh Pro Tools 200 Dryer will be available on Target.com starting Oct. 23 and in select Target stores starting Nov. 6 for $249.99. The full Harry Josh Pro Tools line is also currently available on Dermstore.com. Stay tuned to A Bullseye View for holiday promotions coming all season long!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!