April 7, 2015
Remember when we told you that Joy Cho had a book coming out? Well—drumroll, please—Oh Joy! 60 Ways to Create and Give Joy (William Morrow Hardcover) is now available—get your copy at Target today!
Named for Joy’s wildly popular blog, the book is filled to the brim with the chicest decorating and entertaining ideas; fun, festive recipes; plus adorable DIY gifts and other stylish projects. So get ready to beautify your home, add panache to your parties and just generally get happy. Best of all? Everything’s super-easy to pull off!
As a longtime friend of Target, Joy gave A Bullseye View exclusive access to one of her favorite DIYs from the book. Peruse the directions below, hit Target for any supplies you might need and give it a try! Oh, and don’t forget to share images of your finished product on social (hashtag: #ohjoybook).
Make use of old cups, glasses, and jars by giving them new life as fun, textural vases.
What You Need:
Foam letters and shapes (or a foam sheet with an adhesive back so you can cut out your own shapes)
Any glass, mug, or cup that you no longer need
Spray gloss top coat (optional)
What You’ll Do:
1. Wash and dry the glass thoroughly.
2. Place the foam shapes or letters on the glass wherever you like. You can make a pattern or word or shape.
3. Paint the whole cup with 1 coat of primer. Dry thoroughly.
4. Paint the whole cup with 1 coat of spray paint. Dry thoroughly.
5. Finally, if you’d like extra durability, use a non-yellowing clear gloss spray paint top coat.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!