February 10, 2015
Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year (Feb. 14 for those of you who need a reminder!) — to make it sizzling from start to finish, kick things off with a long, leisurely breakfast in bed. Doesn’t that sound delicious?
This decadent twist on steak and eggs, a Target Test Kitchen exclusive, is the ultimate recipe for romance. Prepare it together, or let your sweetheart play chef while you sit back and relax. Either way, it’s the perfect way to heat things up. Happy Valentine’s Day!
“Burnin’ Love” Steak Hash
Makes 4 servings
Total Time: 40 minutes
What You’ll Need:
3 Tbsp. butter, divided
1 (20-oz.) pkg. refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced mushrooms
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
Burnin’ Love Jalapeno, Habanero or Cayenne Hot Sauce
What You’ll Do:
1. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in large nonstick skillet on MEDIUM; add potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until golden, 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add mushrooms. Continue to cook until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Transfer to large bowl; cover to keep warm.
4. Heat remaining butter in skillet. Add steak; salt and pepper to taste. Cook on MEDIUM-HIGH 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add to potato mixture; stir lightly.
5. In same skillet, fry eggs until whites are firm, seasoning to taste. To serve, place potato hash in the center of each of 4 plates. Top with eggs and serve with hot sauce.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!