January 16, 2015
Leave it to Target’s Archer Farms to transform something as simple as instant hot cocoa mix into the ultimate gourmet treat. And leave it to the Target Test Kitchen to utterly elevate the most commonplace of foods, whether they’re hacking microwave mac and cheese and ramen or turkey leftovers.
Put the two together and your daily hot chocolate fix has the potential to be mind-blowingly, life-changingly delicious. And your winter? Let’s just say things are about to heat up…
Scroll down for the recipes, best enjoyed with your favorite Archer Farmers hot cocoa mix, available exclusively at Target.
1. Cocoa Chai: Use coconut milk instead of regular milk, and stir in cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and vanilla extract
2. Bacon Chocolate Chai: Add a dash of salt and crumbled bacon.
3. Cocoa Dreamsicle: Spike Archer Farms Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix with orange liqueur and vanilla extract.
4. Mocha: Mix with hot coffee instead of water.
5. Hazelnut Hot Cocoa: Stir in a teaspoon of Nutella.
6. S’mores Cocoa: Add marshmallows and crushed graham crackers.
7. Mexican Hot Chocolate: Spike Archer Farms Malted Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix with a dash of chili powder and cinnamon.
8. Ice Cream Sundae Cocoa: Add a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with a maraschino cherry.
9. Almond Joy: Use equal parts almond milk and Archer Farms Coconut Macaroon Mild Roast Ground Coffee instead of hot water.
10. Cocoa Horchata: Mix with rice milk instead of regular milk, then stir in vanilla extract and cinnamon
11. Pumpkin Spice Cocoa: Add pumpkin spice and cinnamon to Archer Farms Sea Salt Caramel Hot Cocoa Mix
Head to Target Recipes by Cooking.com for more ways to beat the chill, from mouth-watering winter warmers to hearty stews.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!