January 8, 2015
Target’s holiday digital offerings – from free shipping on Target.com to store pickup to Cartwheel deals – hit the bullseye with millions of Target guests as the retailer racked up record-breaking digital results this holiday season.
Check out the highlights:
- Record sales on Target.com on Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, up 40 percent from 2013
- Mobile traffic made up 60 percent of Target.com traffic November through December
- Black Friday weekend purchases made via mobile phones were 2 times higher than 2013
- Cartwheel, Target’s digital coupon app, added 2 million new users over the holiday period and surpassed $1 billion in promotional sales since it launched
- Target.com store-pickup orders hit a new record high on Thanksgiving Day
- Store maps in Target’s new iPhone app were accessed more than 400 thousand times
- On Dec. 20 – the cutoff date for shipments to arrive Christmas Eve, Target.com had double its sales from last year’s cutoff date
- More than 950 guest-generated posts to #TargetStyle on Instagram were featured this holiday in the new Target app for iPad (selected from tens of thousands of #TargetStyle tagged photos!)
Take a peek at the new Target apps in action, download them to your iPad and iPhone and watch how they transform the way you shop Target!
With a revamped website for mobile and desktop and re-launched apps for iPad and iPhone, Target feels “shoptimistic” about making 2015 its “appiest” year yet!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!