November 20, 2014
A newcomer to Target’s grocery aisle this fall, Archer Farms Pumpkin Streusel Breakfast Bread has become the season’s breakout star. We didn’t think it was possible to improve on the cinnamon-flecked, streusel-topped sensation, but the Target Test Kitchen has transformed the bread into the definition of delicious: Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast with Pecan Maple Syrup.
An exclusive recipe just for A Bullseye View readers, it’s the perfect thing to serve your overnight guests during the holidays. It’s also a super-easy and a fun one to make with kids!
Follow our step-by-step tutorial below.
Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast with Pecan Maple Syrup
Makes 8 servings
What You’ll Need:
1/2 (8 oz.) tub whipped cream cheese spread
1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup Archer Farms Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup cream or milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 loaf Archer Farms Pumpkin Streusel Breakfast Bread
What You’ll Do:
1. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl until mixed. Set aside.
2. Heat butter in large skillet on MEDIUM heat until melted. Add pecans. Sauté about 3 minutes until golden brown. Stir in syrup. Heat about 1 minute until warm through. Remove from heat.
3. Heat nonstick griddle to 350⁰F. Whisk eggs, cream, salt and vanilla in wide, flat bowl. Dip slices of bread one at a time into egg mixture.
4. Drain off excess egg and arrange on griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer until both sides are golden brown.
5. Spread half the French toast slices with 1 Tbsp. cream cheese mixture and 1 Tbsp. applesauce. Sandwich with remaining slices of French toast.
6. Drizzle with warm pecan syrup and serve.
Tip: To keep stuffed French toast warm until ready to serve, arrange on wire rack on baking sheet. Heat in preheated 200⁰F oven up to 30 minutes.
For more holiday recipes—and ideas for everyday cooking—check out Feast on This: Target Recipes by Cooking.com!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!