Welcome to Target’s Black Friday HQ, your all-in-one source for breaking news, on-the-scene photos, executive insights, plus fun shopping stats and facts. Basically, if it’s Black Friday-related, it posts here, so be sure to bookmark this page! Keep checking back for updates and insider access to Target’s biggest shopping event of the year. Happy Holidays!
Friday, 2:25 p.m. ET
Ever wonder what six seconds of real-time Black Friday Target Mobile web usage looks like? Check out our map below.
And if you took advantage of Target’s gift card promotion, you’re not alone — it drove a record hourly order volume on Target.com this morning! More than two times the previous record, which was set last year on Cyber Monday.
Friday, 10:15 a.m. ET – NEW YORK
Target’s celebration of Black Friday continues! To excite the kid in all of us and kick off the start of the holiday shopping season, we brought Bullseye and “Alice” (from the “Marshmallow World” spot), along with our CEO, Brian Cornell, and several Target leaders, to mark the official occasion by ringing the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
Remember, there are still plenty of bargains to snatch up! The Black Friday deals are good through Nov. 29.
Friday, 5 a.m. ET – MINNEAPOLIS
Good morning! Do you have a shopping hangover? The sweetest kind there is…Check out our Black Friday newsfeed below for a snapshot of yesterday’s best moments and click here for a more comprehensive report.
Target’s executive team will be at the New York Stock Exchange in just a few hours. Our CEO Brian Cornell will be ringing the bell at 9:30 a.m. ET and we’ll be posting a recap shortly thereafter — stay tuned!
Thursday, 11:30 p.m. ET – NEW YORK
Now that’s what we call fun!
A Bullseye View is signing off for the night, but there’s more to come — check back tomorrow morning for our exclusive coverage of Target’s landmark appearance at the New York Stock Exchange. Our CEO Brian Cornell will be ringing the bell at 9:30 a.m. ET. Bullseye and “Alice” from the “Marshmallow World” broadcast spot will also be in tow.
Want to relive the day? All the best Black Friday moments are chronicled in the feed below. See you tomorrow and if we don’t, we’ll assume it’s because you’re back at Target for round two. Cheers!
Thursday, 10:45 p.m. ET – LOS ANGELES
Some Target guests (like Luisa in Eagle Rock!) need not one, not two, but three shopping carts to hold all of their Black Friday finds!
Thursday, 10:30 p.m. ET
FUN FACT: Target hired 70,000 seasonal team members for the holidays to ensure excellent service for guests!
Team Members lined up to greet guests as stores opened for Black Friday.
Thursday, 10:00 p.m. ET – LOS ANGELES
And in North Hollywood, Kalani fueled up before hitting the aisles. Starbucks x shopping: a Target Black Friday tradition.
Thursday, 9:50 p.m. ET – LOS ANGELES
Impressive #TargetHauls at the Eagle Rock store, which has been open less than an hour!
Thursday, 8:55 p.m. ET – CHICAGO
What are the hot items in Chicago right now? Word on the street is that the $5 Circo pajama sets and iPads are flying off of the shelves!
Also, we saw two guests in Chicago buy 12 Xbox One’s and 12 Xbox 360’s! They are going to make some lucky gift recipients very happy!
Thursday, 8:40 p.m. ET
FUN FACT: 35,000 new products are in Target stores for the holiday season, including more limited-time-only partnerships than ever before.
Thursday, 8:25 p.m. ET
You don’t have to be waiting in line to get in on the #salefie fun! Here are some great pics from shoppers on Target.com or their Target app (bonus–you can get free shipping on any purchase)!! Full rules here.
Thursday, 7:45 p.m. ET – WEST COAST
West Coast stores aren’t open yet, but that isn’t stopping guests from having some fun in line! Check out a few of our favorite pics:
First customers in line at the North Hollywood store are eager to get their new TVs. Estela says she’s been here since 5 a.m. and was excited she “got a tan while waiting!”
Jason and Vanessa are beating the 80-degree weather with some ice cream.
The Merino family has been waiting, with carts and all, to buy TVs, a blender and a mixer — sounds like a party to us!
Rosa and Cecilia are waiting in line at Eagle Rock hoping to get their hands on some toys. This is their fifth year waiting in line – and they always go to Target!
Thursday, 7:20 p.m. ET – LOS ANGELES
Believe it or not — this man has been waiting in line at our Eagle Rock store since Tuesday afternoon! What’s topping his list? iPads to donate to his son’s school!
Thursday, 6:45 p.m. ET
If you’re waiting for stores to open, be sure to take a #salefie for a chance to win $10,000 from Target (don’t forget to include BOTH #salefie and #sweeps)! Full rules here.
Here are some of our favorites so far from Twitter!
Thursday, 6 p.m. ET – NEW YORK
The East Coast stores just opened! Here are a few updates across the coast:
People have been in line since 3 a.m. this morning at the Harlem store! Check out this #salefie that these ladies are taking in line.
Despite the cold, there are more than 1,000 people in line in Jersey City where the line started at 7 a.m. this morning!
Guests in Miami are hoping to snag iPad deals and have been in line since 7 a.m. this morning! Telemundo host Jorge Bernal is also in attendance greeting carolers in store and handing out Christmas crackers filled with fun surprises!
Thursday, 5:45 p.m. ET – NEW YORK
Caught up with Target CEO Brian Cornell in Harlem pumping up the team! “Thank you all for working tonight and let’s have some fun!”
Thursday, 5:15 p.m. ET
Want the chance to win a $10,000 Target gift card? Yes, we said $10,000! All you have to do is share your #salefie. Just four easy steps and you’re registered to win.
1. Follow @Target on Instagram or Twitter.
2. Take a photo of yourself while you wait in line at your local Target’s Black Friday sale or at home during Target’s Black Friday sale event!
3. Share your photo on Instagram or Twitter. Don’t forget the hashtag #salefie and #sweeps.
4. Now you’re entered for a chance to win a $10,000 Target gift card or one of the nine $1,000 Target gift cards.
Click here for the official rules.
Wednesday, 9 a.m. ET – NEW YORK
Doors open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving night, but get there early — Target’s giving away Christmas Crackers (a festive British tradition) to the first several hundred guests in each store. Each cracker contains a Target GiftCard or coupon — talk about an incentive!
And when you enter the store? Use this roadmap to navigate the floor, making the most of the day’s deals and your time.
1. Hit the electronics department first: The Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones, priced at $97.00, will be one of the first products to go. Or pick up the iPad Air 2, which comes with a free $140 Target GiftCard. The Nikon L330 20.2MP High Zoom Camera — one of last year’s best sellers — is $99.00 (regular price: $229.99!).
2. Next up: the TVs. We’ve got an Element 40” LED HDTV and a Westinghouse 55” LED HDTV going for $119.00 and $395.00, respectively.
3. Check everything off your list – especially for the kids! Select LEGO sets are going for 40 percent off and when you buy a toy from brands like Our Generation and Disney Jr. and more you get half off the second one.
4. Who says household appliances aren’t sexy? Our Black Friday deal on the Dyson DC50 Allergy vacuum saves you $170.
5. Time to refuel: Grab a Starbucks coffee and then check out clothing for the whole family — including yourself! We’re offering 40 percent off all women’s, men’s and kids’ apparel.
6. Look at your list — have you forgotten anyone? Head to the home area. Picture frames are the perfect one-size-fits-all gift. And Target’s are 50 percent off during the Black Friday sale. Done and done!
7. For the really hard-to-please people in your family, stock up on Target GiftCards. On Friday only, from 6 a.m. to noon in stores and on Target.com, all gift cards are 10 percent off – up to $300 total.
For more Holiday 2014 news and shopping inspiration, check out Target’s holiday marketing campaign, CEO Brian Cornell’s holiday plans and predictions and the complete 2014 Holiday Look Book.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!