October 23, 2014
In this A Bullseye View series, we ask the experts from Target’s Beauty Concierge program to offer beauty tips and tricks. Up now: A simple, step-by-step guide to achieving one of fall’s key trends – the smoky eye.
You’re already rocking your new fall wardrobe, now it’s time to trade your light, summery makeup for a look that’s deeper, darker—and a lot more sophisticated. Chicago-based Target Beauty Concierge Jomary Z. recommends starting with a smoky eye. Follow her step-by-step tutorial and check out some Target-exclusive products from Sonia Kashuk and Pixi by Petra to go from stumped to smoldering in a matter of minutes!
1. Start by applying a primer, using your finger or a concealer brush, like this Sonia Kashuk version.
2. Choose an eye shadow – I love the Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette – that matches your skin tone. Apply across the entire eyelid, extending up to the brow bone.
3. Use a Pixi Shadow Brush to dab a darker shade of eye shadow from the outer corner of the eye up to, and halfway along, the crease. Blend with your finger.
4. Apply a lighter shade of shadow along the crease, using a fresh eye shadow brush, and blend.
5. Layer the lightest eye shadow shade over the entire lid, using another fresh brush. Blend.
6. Use eye liner, like the Pixi by Petra Extra Bright Eye Liner, just above your lower eyelashes, then load the Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush with the darkest shade and dab a touch of shadow under your lower lashes. Blend toward the outer corner.
7. Apply the Sonia Kashuk Highlighter Stick to the brow bone.
8. Apply eye liner to your upper lash line. Sonia Kashuk Liquid Liner makes a strong, bold statement, while the Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen creates a softer look.
9. Finish with a coat of Pixi Mascara and you’re done!
Need more makeup tips and tricks? Find a Target store with a Beauty Concierge and come on in!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!