May 1, 2014
Target Wedding Registry expert Brit Morin has been compiling expert advice (aka Brit Tips) to help brides- and grooms-to-be live the Target Wedding mantra of “Be Yourself, Together.”
According to Brit, the idea behind the concept of “Be Yourself, Together” is that two people with unique identities (and styles) are beginning a new, shared life together as a couple. So why not create a registry that reflects your complementary nature?
Below, Brit tells A Bullseye View more about “Be Yourself, Together” and gives us plenty of inspiration for creating a stylish and successful wedding registry that feels utterly you. Keep scrolling after the interview and check out her registry picks!
You’ve created a few registries on different couple types. What are your favorites?
We thought about all different types of couples, for instance the Meticulous & Mischievous. The Meticulous is a person that likes the home to be neat and clean. The Mischievous likes to host cocktail hours and might make a mess in the kitchen. They can still have a happy (and clean!) lifestyle even though they’re two different people. Another example is the Camper & Glamper couple. One maybe cares more about comfortable pillows and picnic baskets and the other is more interested in camp gear.
Do you and your husband Dave identify as one of these types?
We’re a little bit of all of them, but because we just moved from San Francisco to Marin County, we do a lot of camping and outdoor activities, so the Camper & Glamper couple is a favorite. My husband grew up in Montana so he’s into the sportier camping gear. In the kitchen, he’s the Eatie and I’m the Foodie. He likes all the different things I bake — he’ll consume anything — and I really care about the cookware and serving platters.
Say you’re a creative type. How can you make a registry gift more personal?
Think about how your friends can create a memory together and try to pick a gift that might help them engage in an activity as a couple. You could pair a digital camera with a picture frame, for example. I really like there to be a story behind each gift you give; it makes it that much more meaningful.
What other types of experienced-based gifts could you create for a couple?
Ideally, your gift helps them do more of what they love together. Cooking is an activity that many couples enjoy. Or perhaps only one likes to cook but the other likes to eat. But pairing a registry gift with something like a cooking class or a cookbook you love is a great way to take the idea to the next level.
Picking out items for a registry can sometimes be divisive. Any advice to couples who may not see eye-to-eye on a specific item?
If you don’t both love it, consider it post-wedding. I think your registry should be about things you both love and can enjoy together!
1. Coleman Lantern; 2. Coleman Sleeping Bag; 3. Threshold Patio Set; 4. Coleman Cooler; 5. Threshold Firepit Table; 6. STŌK Grill; 7. Threshold Metal Patio Dining Chair Set; 8. Threshold Outdoor Fabric Pouf
1. Black & Decker Drill; 2. Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away; 3. Crosley Cruiser Turntable; 4. Fitbit Flex Wireless Wristband; 5. Threshold Organizer; 6. Threshold Storage Bin; 7. Dyson Origin Upright; 8. Singer Sewing Machine
1. Oneida Flatware Set; 2. Threshold Champagne Glasses; 3. Threshold Hammered Metal Ice Bucket; 4. Threshold Wellsbridge Dinnerware Set; 5. Threshold Glasses; 6. Threshold Stoneware Plate; 7. Anchor Hocking Beverage Dispenser; 8. Threshold Acacia Bowl
1. Threshold Accent Table; 2. Threshold Kilim Pouf; 3. Threshold Gallery Frame; 4. Threshold Brushed Silver Floor Lamp; 5. Threshold Accent Table; 6. Threshold Tufted Storage Ottoman; 7. Threshold Aluminum Wall Clock; 8. Threshold Clover Mirror
1. Nate Berkus Decorative Pillow; 2. Nate Berkus Comforter Set; 3. Threshold Towel; 4. Fieldcrest Sheets, 5. Threshold Circle Towel; 6. Threshold Floral Comforter Set; 7. Threshold Towel; 8. Threshold Pinched Pleat Comforter Set
1. Nespresso Espresso Machine; 2. Hampton Forge Cutlery Set; 3. Pyrex 11 Piece Set; 4. Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker; 5. Threshold Chalkboard; 6. KitchenAid Stand Mixer; 7. Threshold Wooden Cookbook Holder; 8. T-fal Stainless Steel Cook Set
1. Jenga; 2. Threshold Wine Glasses; 3. Monopoly; 4. Crosley Entertainment Center; 5. Nikon Digital Camera; 6. Beats by Dre Headphones; 7. SONOS PLAY Wireless HiFi System; 8. Scrabble
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!