March 26, 2013
Brunch is by far one of our favorite meals, and it has recently become a bona fide obsession. But we’re not crazy about the brunch crowds, so instead of standing in line for grub, we decided to crack open a cookbook and make our own!
With Easter right around the corner, we looked to gastronomic guru Giada De Laurentiis for an eye-opening (literally—it was early!) recipe we could try at home. The Italian chef shared an Italian specialty—a fluffy frittata with asparagus, tomato and Fontina cheese.
Photos didn’t do the mouthwatering masterpiece justice, so we whipped out our video camera to film the frittata in action. Follow along with us in our cooking tutorial below!
What You’ll Need:
12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
1 tomato, seeded, diced
3 ounces Fontina cheese, diced
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
What You’ll Do:
1. Preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
6. Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
7. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet, and slide the frittata onto a plate. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!