March 21, 2013
If there’s an occasion for putting all your eggs in one basket, it’s Easter—especially if you’ve taken a page from Sabrina Soto’s book. Today, Target’s Style Expert for Home shows us how to upgrade your standard wicker basket into something “eggstra” special for the holiday.
1. The trick to building a great Easter basket is to think outside of the wicker basket. Use a beautiful serving bowl or terracotta planter as an inexpensive alternative to serve up Easter treats in a bundle.
2. If you really want to wow your guests, use fresh wheatgrass or edible flowers from a local farmer’s market as the filler. It adds a gorgeous base for the goodies and leaves your guests with a little bit of nature to tend to.
3. I like to add a fashion accessory, like an inexpensive pastel watch or beauty product that serves as a small surprise. Pixi has a nail polish colour collection (for just $8 each) that is perfect.
4. Fresh-cut spring flowers, such as tulips or daffodils, are great for adding color to any basket. Flowers are also great fillers and will make your basket lively and fun.
5. Add something personal to the bundle—decorate your easter eggs with modern, personalized flair. Try ombre or retro black and white polka dots. It’s a quick DIY project that leaves a lasting impression!
6. For a fun baking activity, I’m loving the Spring Chick Cake Pop Kit—such a cute Easter gift or seasonal party pleaser. It’s also great for the kids!
7. Bake some mini cupcakes or muffins and add them to your baskets. The kids are sure to love them! Try this delicious recipe by Giada De Laurentiis.
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!