December 19, 2012
Our baking buddy Courtney Dial Whitmore is back with another kid-friendly holiday recipe. The last time we teamed up with the gastronomic guru behind Pizzazzerie, she created tantalizing toffee treats. This time it’s all about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer—well, him and a ton of chocolate. Check it out below!
I’m so thrilled to be back here on A Bullseye View to share a sweet holiday treat that is perfect for making with the kids or gifting to neighbors. Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a domestic goddess to make these reindeers—they’re super easy. No oven? No problem! The recipe is from my book “Candy Making for Kids” and uses simple foods you can find at Target. Are you ready? Let’s make some Rudolph Pops!
Rudolph the Reindeer Pops
Makes 4 Pops
What You’ll Need:
2 cups chocolate chips or chocolate candy bark
2 or 2-1/2 inch circle cutter
4 lollipop sticks or paper straws
4-6 mini tree-shaped pretzels (If unavailable, square pretzels will work too)
Red candies (M&MS, Red Hots, gum drops or peppermints—your choice!)
8 candy eyes
What You’ll Do:
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring well between intervals until smooth.
2. Pour chocolate into the circle cutters that are placed on parchment paper. Fill the cutter about 1/2” thick with chocolate. Allow chocolate to cool for 2 to 3 minutes and lift cutter up. The chocolate will spread just a little.
3. Push a lollipop stick (or paper straw) into the chocolate, and twist to coat with the chocolate.
4. Place two tree-shaped pretzels at the top of the reindeer’s head for antlers. If using square pretzels, snap one square pretzel in half for the antlers.
5. Add a nose (red candy) and candy eyes.
6. Let pops harden for about 30 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. Once dry, tie on a cute ribbon or bow tie and enjoy!
Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!